Subsite Manager: Approving Web Pages
As a Subsite Manager, how do I approve web pages?
Please note: Subsite Managers will be notified by email that a web page is awaiting their approval. It is the responsibility of the Subsite Manager to ensure that your web pages are all valid and current.
- In your Microsoft Outlook - Inbox, open the workflow email with the subject Workflow Approval Required [UWS-Web]
- In the email, select Workflow Screen
- The Simple Edit Interface for that web page will open in a new window
- To preview the changes that have been made, select Preview changes. The Preview screen will open in a new window. Please note: All new additions to the page are highlighted in green, while all deletions are highlighted in red.
- Once you have checked the validity and currency of the changes, return to the Status and Workflow tab of the Simple Edit Interface
- In the Workflow Page Status drop down menu, select Approval. Please note: If you select Reject Changes, the web page will return to the Content Author but no changes will be erased.
- Enter your approval message in the Workflow Message field e.g. Changes approved
- Select Save Workflow Changes. This web page will now be sent to your assigned Web Coordinator for their approval.
- Select Release Lock(s)