- iPad initiative
- Apply Now
- - Arts Courses
- - Business Courses
- - Communication Arts Courses
- - Engineering, Information and Communications Technology Courses
- - Forensics Courses
- - Health Science, Nursing and Sport Science Courses
- - Law Courses
- - Medicine Courses
- - Policing and Criminology Courses
- - Psychology Courses
- - Sciences Courses
- Social Sciences Courses
- - Bachelor of Criminology
- - Bachelor of Community Welfare
- - Bachelor of Community and Social Development
- - Bachelor of Criminal and Community Justice
- - Diploma in Community and Social Development
- - Bachelor of Criminal and Community Justice / Bachelor of Social Work
- - Bachelor of Policing
- - Bachelor of Social Science (Psychology)
- - Bachelor of Social Science
- - Bachelor of Social Science / Bachelor of Laws
- - Bachelor of Social Science / Master of Urban Management and Planning
- - Bachelor of Social Work
- - Bachelor of Tourism Management
- - Teaching and Education Courses
- - Tourism and Urban Planning Courses
- Postgraduate Courses
- Research Courses
- UWSCollege Courses
- Pathways to UWS
- Why UWS?
- Life at UWS
- Information for Parents
- Information for Careers Advisers
- Events at UWS
- Contact UWS
Bachelor of Social Science / Master of Urban Management and Planning
If you are interested in a career in urban, social or cultural planning, the Bachelor of Social Science / Master of Urban Management and Planning is the course for you.
The degree gives you the professional and scholarly education to take a leadership role in urban management, strategic planning and policy development. The coursework includes preparation in professional practice, history, and the theoretical and legal frameworks for planning.
You will develop skills in a range of relevant areas including governance, urban finance and sustainable strategies. The three year Bachelor of Social Science component of this program is only offered at Penrith. The final year Master of Urban Management and Planning is only offered at Parramatta.
|Delivery Mode||On campus||On campus|
|Location||Penrith campus||Penrith campus|
|Duration||4 Years Full Time / 8 Years Part Time||The Bachelor of Social Science is 3 Years Full Time. The Master of Urban Management and Planning is 1 Year Full Time.|
|Course Code||727630 [Penrith]||1678.2 [CRICOS Code 069897F]|
|Entrance Rank||82.00 ATAR [Penrith]||Please refer to Admission Requirements|
|Fee Information||Local Course Fees (opens in a new window)||International Course Fees (opens in a new window)|
Part time-study is only available to local students and is generally completed by day classes as there are limited night classes.
A Career in Urban Planning
After graduating from the Bachelor of Social Science/Master of Urban Management and Planning, you may pursue a career in:
- local government
- regional organisations
- state and federal government departments concerned with urban and regional affairs
- planning consultancies
- international development agencies
- research and policy organisations.
How to Apply
All domestic applications for entry to UWS undergraduate courses must be made through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) (opens in a new window). Step by step instructions are available on the Apply Now pages.
Instructions for international applications are available on the UWS International Admissions pages.
If you are interested in completing a higher research degree, for example Masters Honours, information is accessible from UWS Research (opens in a new window).