- iPad initiative
- Apply Now
- Course Updates 2013
- - Arts Courses
- Business Courses
- - Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Advanced Business Leadership)
- - Bachelor of Business and Commerce
- - Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Business and Commerce
- - Bachelor of Information and Communications Technology / Bachelor of Business and Commerce
- - Bachelor of Information and Communications Technology / Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Accounting)
- - Bachelor of Business and Commerce / Bachelor of Laws
- - Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Advanced Business Leadership) / Bachelor of Laws
- - Bachelor of International Studies / Bachelor of Business and Commerce
- - Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Business and Commerce
- - Communication Arts Courses
- - Engineering, Information and Communications Technology Courses
- - Forensics Courses
- - Health Science, Nursing and Sport Science Courses
- - Law Courses
- - Medicine Courses
- - Policing and Criminology Courses
- - Psychology Courses
- - Sciences Courses
- - Social Sciences Courses
- - Teaching and Education Courses
- - Tourism and Urban Planning Courses
- Postgraduate Courses
- Research Courses
- UWSCollege Courses
- Pathways to UWS
- Why UWS?
- Life at UWS
- Information for Parents
- Information for Careers Advisers
- Events at UWS
- Contact UWS
Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Advanced Business Leadership)
There are many business degrees, but the UWS Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Advanced Business Leadership) gives you the competitive edge. The Advanced Business Leadership degree is exclusively for high-achieving students, and will continually challenge you to do even better and build on your academic success.
This degree is aimed at transforming today’s brightest business minds into tomorrow’s business leaders. You will be mentored and guided by leading business academics and be equipped with a high level of business knowledge. The broadly based, multidisciplinary degree provides flexibility and choice where you can select your primary business discipline from different majors.
|Delivery Mode||On campus||On campus|
|Location||Parramatta campus||Parramatta campus|
|Duration||3 Years Full Time / 6 Years Part Time||3 Years Full Time|
|Course Code||721000 [Parramatta]||2754.2 [CRICOS Code 074090C]|
|Entrance Rank||92.00 ATAR [Parramatta]||Please refer to Admission Requirements|
|Fee Information||Local Course Fees (opens in a new window)||International Course Fees (opens in a new window)|
This course will be offered at the Parramatta campus only. However, students in the Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Advanced) who wish to complete a major that is not available at the Parramatta campus will be given approval to do so.
Advanced Business Leadership students will need to select an area of study from the list of majors below:
- Applied Finance
- Hospitality Management
- Human Resources Management
- Sport Management
While there is no formal requirement for students to complete work experience as part of this degree, all students are encouraged to independently gain work experience to enhance their skills. Work experience serves as a valuable stepping-stone to future employment opportunities.
This degree will equip students for management traineeships or management consultancy as well as for careers associated with the discipline in which they complete a key program. Career examples include management traineeships or management consultancy as well as careers associated with the discipline in which students complete a major - visit the majors pages listed above for their associated career opportunities.
Additional Selection Criteria
This course is made available to high-achieving students only. To be eligible for admission to the B Business and Commerce (Advanced Business Leadership), a student must attain a minimum ATAR of 90.
Students must maintain a grade point average of 5 or above to remain in the course. Those who do not maintain this average will be transferred to the Bachelor of Business Commerce.
Available as an additional year (or part-time equivalent) to meritorious students.
Find out more about the Bachelor of Business and Commerce (Advanced Business Leadership) - refer to The Academy at the University of Western Sydney (opens in a new window).
How to Apply
All domestic applications for entry to UWS undergraduate courses must be made through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) (opens in a new window). Step by step instructions are available on the Apply Now pages.
Instructions for international applications are available on the UWS International Admissions pages.
If you are interested in completing a higher research degree, for example Masters Honours, information is accessible from UWS Research (opens in a new window).