If you are completing your undergraduate degree at UWS (in Spring 2013), you may be able to receive a direct offer into the Master of Teaching Primary or Secondary at UWS for Autumn 2014. Visit the transition to teaching page for more information.
What does postgraduate mean?
Postgraduate programs of study are designed for students who have completed an undergraduate course (such as a Bachelor's degree) in a related area. Postgraduate courses include Graduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas, Masters (by coursework or research) and Doctorates (PhD, DCA, DCR, DBA, EdD) and give students the opportunity to further their skills and qualifications in a particular area of specialisation. Information on UWS Research Degrees can be found here.
Before you apply
Don't jeopardise your application! Make sure you:
- identify the course/s you wish to apply for in order of preference
- check the commencement date for the course/s you want to apply for
- check the closing dates
- check whether there are special admission requirements for your course
- include correctly certified copies of all necessary documents
- include additional information and/or supplementary forms where applicable such as a Statement of Service (opens in a new window) [PDF 44kb]
- contact the Course Information Centre on 1300 897 669 if you require further information and complete the application
How do I apply?
All Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens and permanent residents wishing to undertake postgraduate coursework study at UWS must apply through the Universities Admission Centre (UAC (opens in a new window)). You will need to lodge your application online using the apply-by-web form on the UAC website.
What can I apply for?
You can find a summary of the available courses for 2014 in the table of courses on the UAC website (opens in a new window). The summary includes the estimated tuition fees and identifies which courses have special admission requirements. Descriptions of the courses including admission requirements can be found in the UWS Handbook.
When you apply
Consider your preferences carefully. UWS uses a preference-based system for postgraduate offers. This means you will receive only one offer for the course listed highest in your preferences for which you are eligible.
Make sure you regularly check the Course Updates page on the UAC website for the latest information, including new and cancelled courses and general course updates.
You will be notified by email of the outcome of your application. If successful, you will also be emailed information about how to enrol and pay your fees. Step by step information on accepting your offer and enrolling at UWS is available at the UWS starting out webpage.
- UAC postgraduate course information (opens in a new window)